Monday, February 11, 2008

All I Have To Do Is Meme, Meme, Meme

I was invited to do this meme by the lovely Jewelgirl, who like me has a genealogy blog as well as a vintage/retro blog. I decided to do this with a retro/vintage slant, so I'm here on this blog, not my genealogy/history one (link is on the left).
Here are the rules.

1. Link to the person who tagged you (OK, did that!).

2. Post the rules (am doing that right now).

3. Share 6 unimportant things/habits/quirks about you.

4. Tag 6 random people by linking to their blogs.

5. Let the 6 random people know by leaving them a comment.

6. Let the original person who tagged you know you did it, by leaving them a comment.


Six Unimportant Things About Me

1. I really liked chocolate Space Sticks when they came out in 1969, but not because I was all het up about the landing-on-the-moon thing, I just liked anything chocolate.

2. My favorite used bookstore (alas no longer around) was a barn in the middle of New York City (for real - behind some highrises).

3. There's a set of green and gold 1920s jewelry, and a $5 Victorian novel, that I did not buy in the 1980s, and still think about and relive going in the store and buying them.

4. I am utterly drawn to anything from the fifties and sixties, anything, the more tacky and psychically avocado-colored the better.

5. I've worn glasses since I was seven - groovy tortoiseshell frames, circa 1969!

6. I've hated ringing/buzzing noises since I was little and got freaked out by the Delacorte clock in the Children's Zoo in Central Park circa 1966.

That's all I can think of right now. It sounds pretty random but I guess that is the point.

I don't really know many of you well yet, I only started Kitchen Retro in December; and my other blog went public about the same time (i.e. I was writing in 2006-7 but not linking or doing anything sociable). So - if it is all right I would like to ask anyone who is kind enough to read this, to jump right in - consider yourself invited!

And please let me know if and when you do this meme, it is a lot of fun.

I'll see you tomorrow with another retro post!

Image from NYPL Digital Gallery, link here. This is just the kind of bargain I am always hoping to find. Dream on!

1 comment:

Jewelgirl said...

Hi thanks for trying it out!
New is good
We have a few things in common,
mostly our thing for chocolate.
The 50's & 60's are definitely
one of my favorite eras in decorative arts and furniture.
I knew you would be an interesting person by your genblog. Thanks again!