Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sisterhood of the Bolero Pants

Bolero from men's pants 1950s

Oh, yes, this looks like a clever idea! And the heading "Found Money! Found Money! Found Money!" at the top is quite an inducement.

All I need is some men's pants. The ones he isn't wearing, that is. Ha ha. Yeah, I'm going to go over to the closet now and grab some. And you know what I'm going to do then?

Make me a pert little bolero or two, that's what! I've been wanting a pert little bolero for some time now. Just the perfect thing to go with my T shirt and jeans ensemble.

But will "the man in your family let you latch onto a pair of his discarded trousers"? Well, that's an interesting question. I don't think I want to latch on to them. These magazine ladies latched, though. And don't they look pleased with themselves! I wonder what else they did, once they acquired those pert boleros? Maybe they could make matching dresses out of the suit jackets that went with the ex-pants. And a wallet out of his shoes. And some nice little blouses from the shirts.

Why not use up everything in his closet, madam! So what if he doesn't like it? You're the one wearing the pants after all, now, aren't you?

No comments: