Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sparkling Links


Sparkling and refreshing links...just the ticket for the end of the day. I usually don't do two posts in one day but here's the exception that proves the rule. I was honored and touched to get two awards from two of my very favorite blogger friends and I want to thank them both so much.

First of all, the lovely Jennifer at Extreme House Wifeing has given me the Proximidade award. I wish I could give it to her too, but she already has it (of course). By the way, her new site, Sassy Vintage Ephemera, is terrific - do go and visit!

I get to give it to 8 other blogs - and it was so hard to choose only 8:

I Love Retro Things
Life On Planet Bill
Hollywoodland
Sandwiched Mom
Chica and Pumuckl
Lit and Laundry
Queenly Things
Little Grey Bungalow

Furthermore, the charming, delightful Margie and Edna at Margie and Edna's Basement were kind enough to give me this Tea award - however did they know what a tea fiend I am? They are so clever!This award does not travel - tea is after all best enjoyed at home (preferably, I think, in a cat mug - but that's just me). So with my thanks, I will offer up a tea recipe right about now.

Any One Can Bake 1929 Strawberry Shortcakes

[From Any One Can Bake, 1929]

7 comments:

Amy said...

Thank you :-)

Threeundertwo said...

Thank you so much! I was having a bad day and this has really cheered me up!

Queenly Things said...

Tea at your place? And strawberry shortcake? Now you're talkin'. Thank you so for the award. From you, it means a lot.

Lux said...

Congratulations on your cool awards!

Ana said...

Congrats on your awards! That one of Margie & Edna is really cool!

And thank you for thinking about us ;-)

Tori Lennox said...

Thanks so much! I guess I need to actually write more about Hollywoodland and the 1920s. *g* I've been slacking off lately.

Jewelgirl said...

Love it thank you! You have some
great links! I hope Bloggers working better for u!