Saturday, November 1, 2008

Paradol Lost

But was she a real pain before she was calling for Paradol? I'm thinking yes.

But I guess I'd be a real pain, too, if the top of my head was cut off (they got a bit of her ear too, I see). And I'd be calling for a lot more than Paradol!

From Dr. Chase's 1965-66 Almanac ("Special Canadian Edition" yet!). The original Dr. Chase was dispensing brilliant advice in the 1860s - I have one of his books, there'll be some posts emanating from that, I can tell you - so his famous formula was either very out-of-date, or not really his.

6 comments:

Judy said...

I imagine the pained look on her face could have been produced by the Paradol since it comes from the seeds of the Guinea Pepper! (thanks again Wikipedia)...LOL

eve cleveland said...

Obviously, this photo was pre-botox. Thank you Jesus for botox!
Eve

Shay said...

not a comment on the ad, but have I ever told you how much fun I have following your links?

Amy said...

If this stuff is really as good as the ad makes out it is, I could've really used some of it yesterday when I had that really annoying migraine.

Chat Blanc said...

yeah, that lady in the ad needs some serious help!

Daisy said...

It can prevent that low, depressed feeling? Neat-o!