Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Kandy-Colored Cranberry-Jelly Streamline Turkey

Dear Ocean Spray Cranberry People:

I appreciate that it must be difficult to think up something to do with your canned and jellied sauce besides either (a) scooping it out of the can in messy spoonfuls or (b) tipping the whole thing out and letting your guests slice it or take messy spoonfuls.

However...If I tried to cut little turkey shapes out of what is really a very soft jelly, my friends would have to be told what I was trying to do.

And then they would probably laugh themselves sick. They would not, not, not say (and I quote) "What a clever idea!"

As a matter of fact, I would certainly feel like a turkey myself trying to micromanage your product. So could you please knock it off and stop offering your little Cranberry Cutters?

For that I will give thanks, as I take a nice freeform spoonful of...that stuff.

Sincerely yours, Lidian

**********

And continuing the holiday theme, I have some friends to thank:

Thank you to Laura for the I Am Fabulous award. And thank you to Carol and to Karin for the lovely Lemonade award. Please check out their blogs, which are terrific!

And thank you to Preston, who also has a wonderful blog, for the meme - which I promise to do quite soon. I would like to do it with a kitsch and retro twist, so I need to give it some thought. I'm looking forward to it!

I hope that you are all having an amazing Thanksgiving, if you are celebrating it today. We had ours back in October here in Canada, so it's business as usual and leftover chili for dinner - sans cranberry-jelly turkeys, of course.

[PS: To my Humor-Blogs pals - Is anyone else having feed trouble? My feeds (FeedBurner and original) work fine everywhere else, but not at HB. Oh wait - it says I have 19 readers so unless more than 100 people gave up on me overnight, maybe there is something wrong. I am working on it, anyway, so please, please save any smileys you might have and I hope to be copacetic ASAP... ]

6 comments:

Bill said...

Since it Thanksgiving here in the USA, allow me to THANK YOU for your wonderful website, and the enjoyment I get when I drop by for a visit!

Simply Eva said...

really love ur site!

tim h said...

I had no idea Ocean Spray was around that long. I only know them as a sub par juice company.

Lidian said...

Bill - Aw, gee...thank you! :)

Eva - Thank you, too.

Tim - I didn't either, these ads are full of surprises on many levels.

Tori Lennox said...

Y'know, even if you bothered to waste your time cutting your cranberry sauce with these cutters, would they really be all that recognizable as turkeys? I think not.

Lidian said...

Tori - They would not be recognizable if I was doing it, I know that. And I would get really crabby and that would just make it all worse! :)