Wednesday, November 26, 2008

That Heirloom Patina


Well, all I know is, that when you have a nice patina on your metalware, the absolute last thing you want to do is polish it.

That is because the patina will, um, come off.

So this makes absolutely no sense at all.

Nice try, though.

Tomorrow I have some people to thank for awards and memes and stuff, plus a Thanksgiving-themed ad - oh, and it will also be Thanksgiving! So I'm going to work with that.

What is not working at the moment is my Humor Blogs feed. The feed is like Wright's Silver Cleaner (straining for analogy here) because "its popularity comes from the results it gives." Yessirree.

Maybe I took the patina off it by mistake.

6 comments:

Stanley! said...

What I want to know is this: If I use the cream, will it put that silver patina on non-silver objects (plates, my computer, my dog, etc.)? Because that would be really useful.

Michelle Gartner said...

For the first time I am baffled...

and by the way collectors are really serious about patina, either they want it or they don't and they don't want you messing with their pieces. So most times I leave jewelry alone before I sell them. It's only once in a great while if the item looks like it was dug out of a back yard will I apply some simichrome and give it a bit of a clean up .

Judy said...

After reading about Wright's Silver Cream, I went and dug around under my kitchen sink and "voila!" I have a jar...right there...yessiree! Don't know why 'cause I don't have any silver. Well, that's not exactly true...I have some of my great-grandmother's serving pieces wrapped in velvet in my buffet. I THINK their silver...just looked...nope, they're black...guess I should use the Wright's...or is that the "patina" of which you were speaking?

Judy said...

Oh gosh...before you "scold" me...I did my proofreading AFTER I sent the comment...I KNOW it's not "I think THEIR silver"...should be "I think they're silver"...Now I think I'll hang my head in shame and slink out of here.

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

What the hell is a patina and why would I want it? Sometimes ignorance can sure save you a lot of money.

I'm trying to give you a smiley, but something about the feed not being set up right at the moment.

Lidian said...

Stanley! - That would be useful, but I don't think Wright's can do all that.

Michelle - Yes, it is a mysterious selling point!

Judy - I never scold my lovely commenters, only my feeds (and sometimes dear Blogger). Which brings me to

Nanny Goats - I thank you for the would-be smiley, I am trying to get the feed going again. Have e mailed Humor Blogs since the feed is valid and everyone else seems happy with the feed...