Monday, November 10, 2008

Three's Company

Lady, you may not know this, but you have three heads. And two of them are sleeping on the job!

It takes a LOT of Miss Clairol to keep her happy. And if it is a "hair color bath" - well, just think how much hair color you need to fill up three baths. And when she wants to turn down a date on New Year's Eve, imagine the amazing excuse she has: she has to wash her hair! In a color bath! Times three!

Which will of course take her until March, at least.

I don't see why Clairol even needs to run this ad in the first place. Just keeping this dame supplied ought to keep the company in the black. And her in the platinum.

Advertisement from Duke University Ad Access collection, where you can see a larger version and read all the thrilling text.

Oh and also: I am going to try responding to comments in the comments. For now, anyway.

5 comments:

Bill said...

Does anyone really sleep like that? With their little hands folded in prayer under their cheek?

Preston said...

I'm getting a big kick out of your blog. I love all the old ads and especially your commentary!

Judy said...

THREE heads? Who'd have thought? Well, I guess it's true then...only her hairdresser knows for sure!

Lidian said...

Bill - Only if you have three heads I guess!

Preston - Thanks! It is a lot of fun to write, too.

Judy - I wonder what her hairdresser knows?

Bill said...

Little Miss Cerberus also wears her lipstick to bed. My mother said that's trashy.