Sunday, November 23, 2008

What Do Kiddies Want?



What do kiddies want?"

Well for one things they would prefer not to be called "kiddies." That's just for starters. And also to assume that every single young person wants a toy car seems unwarranted, at best.

Then there's the financial misinformation:

"Health insurance - that's what you buy for your children when you give them Skippy Racers."

Huh?

So the next time one of the kids needs to go to the doctor, I drag this thing in. And when they ask for our insurance, I hoist the Skippy Racer up onto the counter and beam expectantly?

Oh, that'll work out well.

8 comments:

Carol said...

A little lemonade for you over at She Lives. (Lemonade is retro, right? And doesn't require health insurance...usually.)

Tori Lennox said...

I want to see all 23 flashy models. 'Cause, frankly, the ones in the ad don't look all that flashy to me.

And I'd think your kids would be more apt to need insurance using Skippy Racers than it providing insurance.

Needless To Say said...

Velocipedes, scooters and sleds -- they really knew what kiddies want!

Frogs in my formula said...

Health insurance? Er..hmm....

Lidian said...

Carol - Thank you! Lemonade is both delicious and retro, and perfectly safe! :)

Tori - Yes, one would hope that they had flashier flash up their sleeves, so to speak.

Needless To Say - Yes, indeed. Though what I wanted as a kid was more along the lines of as many Nancy Drew novels as I could get my hands on, and maybe an Easy Bake Oven.

Frogs - It IS overstating things a little, isn't it?

Kirsten said...

LOL! Health insurance? That's a great marketing tool!

Lidian said...

Kirsten - It really is! Very progressive for 1934!

Anonymous said...

Great picture-- horrible commentary.