Friday, December 19, 2008

Yakety Yak

So you got that milk bottle caddy last Christmas morning, and naturally you would like to give the guy who gave it to you something equally fabulous.

Well, wonder no more, because our friend Arlene - you know, the one who has money for you?- has the answer! At least, I would like to think that this is the same Arlene. It just sounds like her.

So here they are, Nose Hair Scissors: The One Gift Every Man Needs. They are for the man who has everything. Including more nasal hair than a yak.

But if he thinks you like lugging milk bottles - then surely he is the kind of guy who lives to clip nose hair! A match made in heaven. Or, you know, in the toiletries section of the dollar store. Something like that.

Really hairy yet fastidious Doctors (with a capital D!) use it because it is SAFE! It will not attack you, gentlemen. It will not cut or stick, it will not pull or poke or - ugh, do we really need to read that description of what it doesn't do?

Arlene, dear, what sort of men are you meeting out there in Chicago? Maybe you should've stayed in LA. Or New Jersey. Wherever it was that you shilled your Christmas (and Ordinary) Cards.

We have got to take you out to meet some different guys. Ones who don't look like they live rough in the mountains of Tibet.

******

blogaward11.jpg Este Blog Proximidade
Extra Note: Thank you so much to Jewelgirl and to Melissa for the Proximidade award!

11 comments:

unfinishedrambler said...

Um, yeah, um...well, yeah, I could use that.

Bill said...

You know what? I don't want something that I'm supposed to jam up my nose to have a description that includes "spoon-shaped ends."

I know it's a safety feature, but mixing nose hair with food imagery will not inspire me to buy this product.

Even if I really need it.

Erica said...

While I might get these for My Guy, who's been known to need a trim, I sure as hell wouldn't give it as a major gift.

Maybe a present for Arbor Day...

Dan Brantley said...

Once while walking through Linens n' Things with my wife, I sugested weget her sister a Weight Scale that also measured your bady fat index, and an electric nose hair trimmer.
She gave me one of those "looks" and I dropped the subject, but hey were on sale, I thought it was a great idea.

Da Old Man said...

Good to see Arlene was keeping busy.

Lidian said...

unfinishedrambler - Oh, OK...

Bill - I did not like the sound of the spoon-shaped ends either.

Erica - It really would be the perfect Arbor Day gift!

Dan - That's a fun look to get, and to give...

Da Old Man - Oh, I think we haven't even begun to see the extent of Arlene's activities.

Frogs in my formula said...

Ew, ew, ew, and ew again. Can't we all just leave our noses alone?

jan said...

All I could think of was ear hair is the only secondary sex characteristic that men have that women never have.


This would be something every female impersonator must have.

Amy said...

oh my! nose hair clippers, now that would've been the perfect gift for someone like grizzly adams back in the 1970's...

Maria said...

Now, this is a great gift idea! Thanks to you, I'll be getting nose hair clippers for everyone on my list (it's 3/4 women, but I'm sure they'll appreciate it, too!)! Thank you and Arlene!

Lidian said...

Frogs in my Formula - That is one of my Christmas wishes too!

Jan - Interesting, I never knew that...

Amy - Yes, absolutely.

Maria - Arlene and I are always happy to help! :)