Monday, March 23, 2009

Gear Fab!

Sing it, sister!

Wait - OK, just wait a minute here. Stop. Please stop singing!

I'm going to have to stop you right there. Because that rhyme - you can't just rhyme easy with - easy. Just because Fab makes your washing less difficult does not mean you can start slacking off on everything else.

Also, maybe your washing wasn't white to begin with. What if you popped a bunch of blue towels in the wash? Having them come out white is not a plus.

And I am not sure about using Fab to wash the dishes. That's a little strange. Clearly this lady is getting way, way too excited about the product. So let's slow down a minute...

Above all, we need to rewrite this pop masterpiece. Apparently this must be sung to that popular tune "Pop Goes the Weasel." Which doesn't give us a huge amount of creative scope, but we'll do our best. Even though the word Fab always reminds me of A Hard Day's Night and the Beatles saying "gear, fab!" all the time (which meant, of course, that they were well and truly pleased - just like this pop-eyed laundry lady).

I really hate to do the wash
So dull and soul-destroying!

But when I use a jigger of Fab

It's not that annoying.


Well, maybe. Let's try again:

Don't stick blue towels into your machine
And then put lots of Fab in,

'Cause then you'll get a lousy surprise,

And you'll be crabbin'.


Um, ma'am? You can stop singing now...Thank you. And don't call us, we'll call you.

17 comments:

Stacie said...

Hilarious!!
And, I agree. This woman is way too excited about doing her laundry and her dishes with FAB.

Maybe we can get crazy and throw the tupperware in the washing machine and the delicates in the top drawer of the dishwasher. There are endless possibilities with that type of fun!

Tori Lennox said...

Too funny! Especially when I consider "fab" has been my new favorite word lately. I'm constantly using it. And that was before I saw this ad! Color me psychic. *g*

I think Stacie is on to something re tossing the tupperware and the undies in the dishwasher! You'd save time AND hot water!

Bill said...

I knew that work was a bit lean for Nancy Olson after Sunset Boulevard, but I had no idea that she made cartoon appearances for Fab.

HumorSmith said...

When lots of clothes I try to wash
It all becomes a struggle
If I use Fab things might get clean,
But I use Snuggle

Amy said...

Classic! Hard to believe that FAB is still around now too.

Judy said...

My Mom used Fab occasionally, but her favorite was Tide...I have always used Tide. Now my MIL used 2 different kinds both for laundry and dishes. Cannot remember, for the life of me, the names of either but one had a towel in it and the other had glassware. (kind of like adult cracker jack box). Help me on the names PLEASE!

Kris said...

Well I think FAB needs to hire you to do their jingles for them.

Hey I tagged you on LL for 6 Degrees of Randomness. (just ignore it if you already did it - although you could do a funny different take on it - I have faith in you)

Cookie Brochette said...

Wow, I'm pretty excited about the thought of washing all our household stuff at once! And to think of all the time I've been wasting doing separate loads of laundry and dishes...

Cookie B.
Lightbulb Cuisine

Lidian said...

Stacie - That would liven up my Monday, that's for sure! I say let's do it :)

Tori - I like the word fab, too and sometimes I even say "gear fab" probably to the dismay of the rest of the household who do not adore the Beatles quite as much as I do!

Bill - I am very impressed that you ID'd this lady. This Fab gig is quite a comedown, though she seems happy enough...

HumorSmith - That is really good!

Amy - I didn't know that...is it any good, do you know?

Judy - I have an ad for one that comes with china in it! I will post it as soon as I locate it.

Kris - Thanks, I will go have a look and see what I can do. I have some other random-things memes to do, so I might do one huge one with links to you and Cen and Tricia...

Cookie - Yes, this could save us a whole lot of time! :)

Laurie said...

LOL

I like your version a lot better :)

Lin said...

Oh, I got songs for laundry all right--but it's more of today's rap with lots of curse words and such. I did, however, enjoy your version--especially the one with blue towels!

Hairball said...

"Cannot remember, for the life of me, the names of either but one had a towel in it and the other had glassware."

I remember reading about this but, the brand names escape me.

Lidian said...

Laurie - Thank you!:

Lin - You sound like me doing the laundry, actually :) It is not high on my list of favorite pastimes, although I like the end result...

Hairball - OK, I am going to go find that ad right now, it has a maniacally happy lady pulling a piece of china out of a box of soap flakes. You'd think she'd just found the Koh-i-Noor diamond in there or something.

scottie humor said...

i love this sexist retro stuff... back in a day when women knew their place lol

Lidian said...

scottie humor - It is indeed laughable! :) And anyway, there were plenty of women in all sorts of places, even back then...they just kept it quiet in the ads!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.