Sunday, March 15, 2009

Out Of The Scrub Pail

I wasn't even in the scrub pail in the first place. I was over here on the couch reading a magazine. So there's no need to tell me to keep out of it.

I can go so far as to say that I will never be in the scrub pail. With or without the new Hydromatic Minute Mop. I don't think we'd both fit in there, anyway.

Oh - you mean the Hydromatic Minute Mop will keep me out of the scrub pail. Well, that's very thoughtful of it. There is, apparently, a written six-year mechanical guarantee that I will not have to stoop, bend over, splash or get my hands wet.

OK, this is where I get a little sceptical. The not going into the pail, I can believe. But not getting my hands wet for six years? I don't think so! And I just know I will be stooping and bending over - there's stuff I have to pick up off the floor. I don't suppose the Hydromatic is going to run into the living room and pick up all those cat toys, is it?

And is it going to promise me no one's going to spill Fresca on the table? That would come under the category of splashing.

As for the wet hands, let's just see whether this mop actually offers to do any dishes. I'm thinking it probably won't.

13 comments:

Bill said...

Oh, goody! Another one of my favorite suffixes!

The magic of o-matic!!!

Lin said...

You had me at "no stooping" and "no bending". For $4.95?!! I'm in!

Relax Max said...

Fade in to sponge mop-head looking in the window at woman happily using her new Swifter.

sfx: Mariachi band singing "Baby Come Back"

Then:
"Lidian, come baaaaaaak.."

I guess you had to be there. :)

Lidian said...

Bill - Yes, the peppy cousin of o-rama!

Lin - It does sound like a terrific bargain.

Max - I guess I did! But was I, really? I hardly know...

Tori Lennox said...

What exactly is a "minute" mop? Is that anything like minute rice? Does it mop your floor in a minute? That would be a good trick!

Shay said...

To me, a "labor-saving device" would not be a mop, it would be a self-cleaning floor.

But until I can teach the cats to tie scrub brushes to their paws, I'm afraid I'm stuck with something like this.

feefifoto said...

I just want to say I never have any comment to leave on any of your posts because you say it all. I just love reading them however. Keep making my day. Thanks.

Lidian said...

feefifoto - Comments like yours make my day, too! :)

Heather Cherry said...

Liddy, lemme know if that mop does your dishes cuz if so I'm gonna need to borry that... like, for forever.

Lidian said...

Heather - Oh, I'm watching it very closely! Dropping hints like crazy, too. But then I have to bend over and pick them up, cuz they fell on the floor.

I sure hope it takes the hint one of these days - I hate those dishes! :) And when it does take the hint, I'll end it right over to you (after it cleans up my sinkful)

Heather Cherry said...

LOL!

Hairball said...

If you brag about not getting your hands wet for six years, I'm going to be refusing all of your invitations for dinner. Scary!

Lidian said...

Hairball - Well, quite! :)