Monday, March 16, 2009

Reckless On Laundry Day

Oh, Mrs. Muller. It may well be that in-between season, not quite spring and not quite winter. Still, that is no reason to get all giddy and carefree and positively hedonistic, is it?

You know how careless it is to go out and hang clothes on the line "not dressed right for the weather." That bikini really isn't a good idea in March, you know!

No wonder your back is chilly.

But she doesn't worry, you see, "as Dodd's Kidney Pills soon help the situation." I can just see the little box hurrying out back with a sweater, can't you? Must be an awfully big box to be able to carry your winter cardigan out to the back forty.

I suspect that the Dodd's Pills may have asked the Sunlight Soap for assistance with the heavy lifting.

Advertisement from a 1953 Dodd's Almanac, which is full of middle-aged people with back problems (which is about my speed on a Monday, minus the matronly hats).

For more exciting Dodd's Kidney Pills fun you can go visit my other blog (cough, cough) and look at these:

Dodd's Kidney Pills
Then She Used Dodd's Kidney Pills
"Don't Let Them Sell You Anything Else!"
Molly Throws In the Towel

Not that I'm obsessed with Dodd's or kidneys or anything. Nope, not me. But I do love their goofy little almanacs!

8 comments:

Heather Cherry said...

Oh, I'm SO glad I'm not the only one who anthropomorphizes inanimate objects in a cute way.

Bill said...

Well, isn't Mrs. C.G. Muller just as cute as a speckled pup under a mushroom? Who would have guessed she'd be in that Calendar Girl movie? But, by her own admission, as soon as Spring bounces in, she's out there at the clothes line, buck-ass nekkid. You can even see for yourself since her complete address is thoughtfully provided for doubters. Or dirty old men.

Tori Lennox said...

I'm trying to figure out just what kidney pills (are they related to Carter's Little Liver Pills?) have to do with making you feel better after being stupid and going outside in the winter without a coat. Makes no sense to me.

Lidian said...

Heather - You are not alone! :)

Bill - It is incredible, every person in those Dodd's almanacs has there name and address printed for all to see. Well, except the cartoon ones.

Tori - Carter's probably worked in tandem with Dodd's - a pill for every organ! And the lack of any logic re getting cold/kidney and back pain amused me a lot. Anything that makes me laugh out loud at my desk, that's gonna be the post! :)

Lyn said...

If I could be guaranteed a smile like Mrs. Muller's I would switch from parkas to pills in a flash.
Apparently, lovely Mrs. Muller was the first one to use the phrase,"what, me worry"?

Lidian said...

Lyn - This lady is a free spirit with no worries! A 60s hippie ahead of her time. Those Dodd's Pills were really wild! :)

Shay said...

She looks like she mugged a WAVE for that hat.

Lidian said...

Shay - Look at that smug smile! I bet she did.