Friday, May 15, 2009

A Musical Horoscope

Well, I was writing about a Victorian fortune-teller over at my other blog. The link's over there on the right under 'My Other Blog' - boy, what a surprise, huh? I'm too lazy to hyperlink this morning - hyper is not possible in any way shape or form this morning! So when I saw this in my files I thought: oh, that's good.

And it is. This here will tell you your musical fortune. Do you have a future in music? Are you going to be a big recording star like Benny Goodman? Well, probably not, but send in some money anyway.

So what if you don''t play an instrument or sing. You should! And Kenneth F. Rogers will tell you just what you should be tooting on. The stars have been talking about you and your musical talents! And Kenneth has been listening in. He'll tell you what they say.

I don't know why E. Nugent is taking your money, if Kenneth is telling you what to do. Another mystery for the stars to solve!

And wouldn't it be just so great if the horoscope was presented in song as well? The stars ought to sing your future, and maybe tap dance a little too. I'm sure they do that for all the "important people."


From Song Hits, 1942 (you know, that old magazine I found in a bunch of sheet music in a secondhand store not long ago).

9 comments:

Dee said...

Maybe these people could see the future. Look at the names involved. "Kenny" Rogers and "Nugent" Coincidence? I think not.

Joy said...

That's just what I was going to say. Kenneth "Kenny" Rogers and Edward "Ted" Nugent are going to tell your musical future. I suppose I'd trust them.

Lidian said...

Dee - Hmmm...that IS intriguing. I will think about that!

Joy - I guess we'd have to, I don't know if they had any competitors.

Tori Lennox said...

I'm late today and see Dee and Joy beat me to the Kenny Rogers/Ted Nugent punch. *g*

Harriet M. Welsch said...

I wish I'd known this earlier. Think of all the time and frustration I could have saved my music students!

Hairball said...

Find out what the stars say-

About your musical future!It's so bright, I gotta wear shades!

About the instruments you should play!I'm mighty partial to the garbage disposal, except for the whole portability issue.

About the type of music you're best suited for!Whatever goes well with a straight jacket. Can I get my jacket in a color other than white? I sure don't want to violate the "no white shoes before Memorial Day" edict, and have the fashion police after me.

Amy said...

wow that's a new one I've never heard of, wonder if he does musical horoscopes in the style of the beatles by any chance?

Bill said...

I immediately thought of Ted Nugent, also, and it turns out that E. Nugent was Ted's Aunt Enid.

No, really. I swear.

Lidian said...

Tori - I didn't even register that when I was writing this...

Harriet - Yes indeed. And I love your name, you were just who I wanted to be like when I was growing up! :)

Hairball - LOL! Maybe we can form a little kitchen band. I can play the spoons! And maybe we can make a line of colored straight jackets on the side (I like lavender, BTW)

Amy - That would be really fun if he did.

Bill - Aunt Enid is the fun one in the family!