Monday, June 1, 2009

A Remarkable Cake Discovery

Apparently, everyone's hair is "faded, dull, burnt and off color."

It's also a perfect description of me on your typical Monday: faded, dull, burnt and off color. Except for the burnt. Unless I've been baking. Speaking of which: a Remarkable Cake Discovery for me means finding out we have an envelope of brownie mix hiding in the cupboard.

But the Tintz Hair Tinting people have more serious Cake Discoveries in mind. What they have got for us is a cake of shampoo soap loaded with remarkably cheap dye.

The lady's head over there is definitely convinced. She is gazing up adoringly at the copy like it was Clark Gable emoting on the silver screen. And look, it comes from Chicago! Of course. That is where many, many wonderful products come from, as we all know very well by now. (I am going to start tagging things 'Chicago' because there are a LOT). I am so pleased to see a Canadian office too!

And don't worry, scrubbing your head with a big cake of dye will not make it look dyed. Because Tintz "works gradual" and is "real smooth." Just like Clark Gable! Only with more grammatical errors. And more remarkable cake!

11 comments:

GoRetroGirl said...

I find it interesting how so many of these ads instruct people to "send no money" for these curious products. I wonder how many of them cracked down on delinquent customers who never paid once they got stuck with a shoddy product. Thanks for the Monday morning chuckles.

Tori Lennox said...

What if you don't want brown hair? What then? Surely the brilliant folks in Chicago could come up with something!

Eric said...

As a part-time amatuer artist when there is nothing better to do, I was a bit surprised to find I'd never heard of a color 'Titian'. It sounded naughty, but apparently it's a real color. So, thanks sincerely for adding to my palette...

David said...

I like the idea that one need not put up with off-color hair a minute longer but the fantastic Tintz CAKE works gradually. Hmmm....

What does the CAKE have to do with any of this anyway? I'm befuddled.

Lola said...

"Because Tinz 'works gradual' and is 'real smooth.' Just like Clark Gable!" I don't think I want to know what that really means!

Bill said...

Here's an idea for livin' wild & throwing caution to the wind...
instead of stating your color, enclose a little handwritten note that says "Please select a cake color for me. I love surprises!"

Lidian said...

GoRetroGirl - I thought about that too, whether they lost a ton of money, and whether the 'free' stuff was ever any good. I don't know why it fascinates me so much but it always has, since I was a little kid.

Tori - I guess you go for black or blonde hair! I really want to go to Chicago one of these days, you know.

Eric - After the artist, who liked reddish-haired ladies, I think. Too lazy to look it up just now though.

David - I am thinking it is like a cake of soap, but I agree, it really sounds weird.

Lola - Me neither, lol. I was writing this in a Monday-morning mental twilight zone!

Bill - Now that does sound like fun! And the Tintz folks are all about fun, I believe.

~~louise~~ said...

Dying for cake at this moment. However, I'm feeling a bit faded, dull, burnt and off color. Think I'll pass.

Lidian said...

Louise - So am I! (re: all those things) :)

Hairball said...

Makes me think of that episode of Frasier where his Dad tried some stuff that you sprayed on your hair to cover the grey. He sat too close to the fireplace and it started melting off his head onto the furniture. LOL

Lidian said...

Hairball - I think he may have been using a Tintz product.