Friday, June 12, 2009

Rinsa-Rama Ding Dong

You're a "charm-conscious woman" and you have been waiting for some casual waves to show up in your hair. But your hair just hasn't been responsive. It's been in a bad mood. Cranky. Hard to curl. And those split ends are exasperating. They don't know how to behave.

Rinsa-Rama to the rescue!

Rinsa-Rama sounds more like a cheap launderette than a perm solution, but no matter. You will have a terrific time messing with this stuff. Think of it as a kind of sleepover party for your hair.

First, you have to put some Rinsa-Rama into a full glass of water. Yum, it's lemony! Lemony and also proteiny. But where is the protein? Lemons aren't known for their protein content - even if they have quotation marks around them.

Anyway, you comb it all into your hair. The whole glass of water. So you will be staying up pretty late. And then you put your hair up in curlers. After that you can try getting to sleep.

In the morning you might have some curls happening. If not, never fear. Just send the bottle top back for a full refund. Oh, and be careful not to spill lemony gunk all over the rug. You know, since you won't have the bottle cap anymore. And for two dollars you can get enough gunk to make two gallons' worth. So you can invite everyone in your charm school over for a little Rinsa-Rama.

11 comments:

TheSnackHound said...

Is that anything like Wash and Curl (which DOES not work by the way, at least not for me).

Tori Lennox said...

Another fine product from those folks in Chicago, I see. And I bet it doesn't have a drop of real lemon in it. Otherwise "lemon" wouldn't be in quotation marks....

Leeuna said...

Rinsa-Rama. It sounds like a dance. Wonder how many people got disappointed by that product.

I have natural curl in my hair and I used to iron it on the ironing board to straighten it. (Now I wish I could iron my face, but alas...that would be just stupid).

Amazing, the things we do out of vanity.

TiLT said...

lol! if it were actual lemons - they could also advertise hair lightening if you lay out in the sun :P

Amy said...

That's one brand name I haven't heard before. Most of the vintage hair ads from the nz mags I have are called Prom - how's that? lol

William/The Author Of * said...

Your blog has always been brilliant. I would have thought these were all fakes. Roto hoe..capri pants and high heels.
thanks for the smiles

Hairball said...

The name makes me think of that song in the restaurant scene from Barefoot In The Park.

Shay said...

Her head looks as though she's been slathered with chocolate frosting.

Lidian said...

The SnackHound - It probably is.

Tori - Yes, Chicago never disappoints! I wonder what their "lemons" are like...

Leeuna - It ought to be a dance! I remember hair-ironing from the 70s but I never did, though it would have been a good idea. I do not need extra curl.

TiLT - Yes, just like Sun In. I did use that quite a bit many years ago, causing someone who had ot seen me in a few months to shriek "You're platinum!" - and not in a complimentary way, lol

Amy - I like that. Plenty to make fun of there, I would think.

William - Thank you so much! :) And yes, they are all real, which is what makes them so delightful. Truth/stranger/fiction, etc.

Hairball - I really need to see that movie now!

Shay - And that of course does not go with lemon...hmmm. Remember those hair mousses, lemon for blondes, chocolate for brunettes, I think in the late 70s? Another sad day for my hair, the Day of the Lemon Mousse. Or rather "Lemon" Mousse.

Alicia aka "Fashiona" said...

I have never been so grateful to have naturally curly hair:)

Lidian said...

Alicia - Me too! :)