Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Dry

They call him GINGER (He's Got So Much Of It!)

Oh, he's full of it, all right. Full of ginger! Obsessed with it, as a matter of fact. Carries a big bottle of Canada Dry Pale Ginger Ale around with him, all the time.

This is his life! His world! That big old glass bottle of fizzy drink. It does have a great looking label, I'll give him that at least.

And it is GINGERVATING! That is a nice word for what it seems to be doing to our young friend on the right.

It has had a different effect on each of his eyebrows. One is thin and brown, the other thicker and reddish. And he has bags under his eyes. Guess he stays up late carrying the ginger ale around.

It isn't clear what he wants out of all this gingerful activity. He ain't sharing, I don't think. He does want people to notice him extolling his favorite beverage. Be careful though, young Ginger - too much soda and you might get gingervitis. See, you're not the only one who can make a bad pun.

Now, since Canada Dry "picks you up and aids digestion," perhaps Ginger here has the worst digestion in town, requiring him to carry ginger ale everywhere. How flattering this must be when he shows up at the dinner table. As for the pick up action, let us hope he will not be gingervated enough to try anything in that line for a few more years. And even then - well, let's just say he'll do better if he puts the soda bottle down somewhere.

Happy Canada Day to everyone it applies to - have a gingeriffic day!

And a thousand thanks to SA Steve at Flickr for this effervescent, dare I say gingervescent (and I promise that's the last of that) ad.

14 comments:

David said...

I suspect that a boy known as Ginger will have some gender identity issues by the time he gets through puberty.

GoRetroGirl said...

That is the most demented looking drawing of a child I have ever seen!

Eric said...

Who let Alfred E. Neuman into the liquor cabinet? Ginger Ale my #@$&#...

Tori Lennox said...

I don't know if I can type 'cause I'm laughing so hard, but I'll give it a whirl...

Why is it PALE Ginger Ale? I've never seen any ginger ale that's anything BUT pale. And they don't go around bragging about it.

kathcom said...

Now I understand why there's no real ginger in ginger ale anymore. Look what did to this demented version of Opie!

Bill said...

Tune back in a few years later when our rambunctious tyke appears in a Smith-Kline & French ad for Thorazine.

Lidian said...

David - There will be problems of some kind, yes.

GoRetroGirl - I guess we are supposed to blame the ginger ale...

Eric - There really is a definite family resemblance!

Tori - They had to think of something to brag about! Anything! It's pale? That's good...we'll go with that!

kathcom - Like cocaine and Coca Cola..

Bill - Yeah, we need to find a follow-up ad. I'll start looking.

Lin said...

Geesh, that's how I look with a freshly opened bottle of wine!! What's in that stuff???

DJMake Money said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lidian said...

Lin - Whatever it is, it must be pretty good stuff.

Hairball said...

That kid is just plain disturbing! Why would I want to buy myself some Canada Dry after seeing that ad? Why??

Lidian said...

Hairball - He is not an encouraging symbol of the after effects of this soda, no.

Phyl said...

Kid is positively drunk. And about to drool, if that tongue is any indication.

Lidian said...

Phyl - There's something funny in the ginger ale, all right!