Friday, July 24, 2009

Thing One and Thing Two

I've got two things for you today. Just like Thing One and Thing Two in The Cat in the Hat, only easier on the furniture:

Thing #1: life is going to get a little bit chaotic over the next week or so - and I will be rather like the Cat in the Hat juggling all those things while bouncing on a ball - the cups and cakes and little toy boats. You know the kind of time I mean.

However - I have kitsch and retro posts aplenty for you! But the dear old Entrecard drops may not happen as much as I'd like, so apologies in advance and I will be back up to speed by the middle of next week. I'll try and check in once a day and answer comments. I love your comments exceedingly, you know - it's such a treat to read them! If you could only see me laughing and trying not to spit coffee on my keyboard.

Oh, and also...

...Thing#2: I have a third blog now. Like a third eye, only not! Because there are actually other things I like besides retro ads and Victorian weirdness - and so The Doubletake is going to be total miscellany and, I hope, fun too. There are a few posts over there, and I'm slowly linking the blog up with things. But like I said, I'm going to be orbiting-the-ceiling busy for a few days so things won't totally be up to speed for awhile.

What sort of things will I be doing a doubletake over? Urban legends, slang, weird news (there's a Doubletake archive from 2007 which I'll put up, it was going to be an all-weird-news site then), maybe book reviews, old and new celeb stuff. Things I think are cool and interesting, because if I don't find it entertaining, it stands to reason that you probably won't.

Oh, and I might do some really bad recipes over there, like the original Kitchen Retro. So there will be a bit of retro. Just not, you know, all the time. That lady in the top righthand corner is retro, of course. She's from a 1947 camera ad and that will be my EC avatar, when I get around to that. And I got the Cat in the Hat picture from NPR.

10 comments:

The Peach Tart said...

Try to keep your sanity over the next few days. I'm excited about your new blog.

Lidian said...

Peach Tart - Thank you kindly :) I'm just about to start juggling things now...Will try and get back later.

Eric said...

Will I need to follow the Doubletake blog with two accounts, or can I get it with just one? :)

Tori Lennox said...

I've just added The Doubletake to my blog feeds. :)

Leeuna said...

I'll take what's behind thing #2. Oh, sorry...where was I? Oh yeah, good luck with the new blog. I checked it out and it looks like it'll be loads of fun. Will add it to my faves.

Amy said...

Looking forward to your 3rd blog, I have 3 as well, one of them being for photography :-)

Laura said...

Hi - Doubletake is great, but I wasn't able t leave a comment. Just letting you know. I have a blogger account, so it shouldn't have been a problem.

Keep up the good work!

Warmly,
Laura

Lidian said...

Eric - I don't quite know what you mean by an account - but that could be because it's a bit late in the day :) I think you can just subscribe or bookmark it, probably.

Tori - Thanks :)

Leeuna - Thanks, I am looking forward to having a place for all the extra things in my head. And by mid-August I ought to have more time for it too. I just wanted to get things rolling...

Amy- i will have to check your other blogs out :)

laura - Oh my goodness, I'll go see what's up now - sorry about that! :)

Bill said...

Heavens to Betsy, I'll never get anything done around the house now that you have three blogs.

Lidian said...

Bill - That makes two of us! I won't be posting on all three all the time, though. I am thinking that KR will become the main blog, Doubletake second, and VDM assume its rightful place as an occasional historical recepticle.

Otherwise how will I ever finish this awful novel? Or vacuum up the clutter that continues to encroach upon the floorspace like, um, like waves upon the shore (poetic, huh?)