Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Phenomenal Results!

What's phenomenal is that this is what my eyes are going to look like after I've been Sleep-Learning all night for a week. Lovely. That looks just like a large black spider trying to catch a nap in a pasta shell.

Knowledge before beauty though, I guess. So no more dreams about champagne-filled publication parties, and applause, and calorie-free dark chocolate. No, I will have to work hard. And my money will have to work hard too, because "$2 rushes fact-filled instruction book" - are they sure two small paper bills can lift a big package like that?

I guess they know a lot, though. After all, they are the Research Association. They research - I don't know, what do they research? Everything! And they are up day and night doing it. They ought to get a little sleep though. Especially that poor spider. He really looks exhausted.

From Popular Mechanics, October 1956.

11 comments:

Humor said...

Nice blog do you have, I Drop care to exchange link?

P.L. Frederick said...

I like how the spider pasta is quietly tip-toeing away, probably while everyone's sleeping and probably with your $2.

On a tangent, here's the truth behind those "Lose Weight While Eating!" claims.

P.L. Frederick (Small & Big)

The Crazy Suburban Mom said...

What the heck is that a picture of even?? lolol

Tori Lennox said...

That's really put me off pasta shells....

PJ said...

lol, a spider taking a nap in a pasta shell! that made me lose it, good thing i didn't have anything in my mouth or it would've been on the screen...LOL!

vanilla said...

What a fun blog! Came from Shinade's.

Lidian said...

Humor - I will visit your blog when I get a minute, and let you know :)

P.L. - I didn't think of that but that is a handy hiding place for all those dollars. And thanks for the link - I find diet scams (past ones esp of course) really strangely fascinating...

Tracy - I think it is an eye but you're right, it is hard to tell. That is what caught my - um - eye.

Tori - Sorry! I hope no one in my family reads this because I have a bag of pasta shells I have to use up sometime (I might not be able to stand looking at them never mind cooking them, though)

PJ - It is especially good that you weren't eating pasta shells, I guess :)

vanilla - Thanks for visiting, please come back anytime! :)

Kath Lockett said...

"That looks just like a large black spider trying to catch a nap in a pasta shell" - just inhaled my chocolate instead of swallowing it, **cough cough LOL!

Lidian said...

Kath - Oh dear, sorry 'bout that! I love all things chocolate, especially dark chocolate. It is important :)

Hairball said...

I hope that spider doesn't snore or s/he could blow away the little pasta shell!

Lidian said...

Hairball - And that would wake her up, which would be too bad.