Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Screme Come True

Does he or doesn't he? My guess is that he doesn't...

-He doesn't have a mirror.

-He doesn't have a makeup man. Because he's clearly an escapee from the sort of Z movie where you do your own special effects and pack a lunch.

-And he doesn't want to wait until Halloween to try out that great mask and wig he got from the drugstore.

However:

-He does seem to find the Screme box rather enchanting. Well, the crown is colorful. And the joke name - well, that's a riot, too. Although it really ought to read Mr. Scairol.

-He does look like he has a few things on his mind. If only he knew what they were!

-And he does have a small red "Werewolverine" head escaping that oddly sculpted-looking wig of his. An inflamed pimple masquerading as Elvira, perhaps. What does she want?

(Rhetorical question - I don't really want to know.)

Many thanks to Weirdomatic for this one. This looks like a parody ad from a comic book, probably 1960s or early 70s vintage. If you have a better idea than I do, do tell in the comments.

6 comments:

Tori Lennox said...

What does it say about me that I find this ad a lot more interesting than some of those "real" ads...?

David said...

Hey - it has that coveted Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval.

Arlene deWinter said...

What a fun blog! I found it via entrecard. It is great when clicks lead to something I really like. Really cool!

Lidian said...

Tori - I don't know, but it's saying the same thing about me :)

David - That means it's got to be good!

Arlene - Welcome and thank you! I am going to go check your blog out right now :)

Hairball said...

"Werewolverine"

I love this!!

Lidian said...

Hairball - It really is a charming touch, I like it too.