Friday, October 2, 2009

Loaf Actually

It's so good, in fact, they can only show it to you in black and white.

Because if it was in color you would just get too excited. Because not only is this NEW it is GOOD for You. And what is more it is E-Z to serve. Especially if you can close your eyes and hold your breath while you do.

So say hello to E-Z and delicious Liver Loaf. In a can! With "other nourishing ingredients" that the manufacturers are too clever by far to name.

And in a minute that poor woman can put the tray down, run across the studio and take a big breath of fresh air. You just know she hasn't inhaled in awhile. She's probably thanking her lucky stars they didn't make her pose with one of the other canned Loaves down at the bottom. Like Tongue Loaf.

Just take the picture, she is thinking. Please! How much longer must I grin and wear a stupid hat?

AH! but lady! Grinning and wearing hats of stupid is what 1950s ads are all about.


From LiveJournal. Thank you, LiveJournal people, you have some amazing ads over there.

14 comments:

vanilla said...

Too right-- closed eyes and stoppered nostrils. Ewww.

PJ said...

oh my, YUCK! even that picture makes me want to hurl...lol! i love your blog, actually, all of them. have a great day!

Needless To Say said...

Getting over liver loaf was going to be rough, but tongue loaf stopped me in my tracks. That's right up there with tripe loaf, & head cheese loaf!

Lidian said...

vanilla - They must have paid this lady well, to look so happy!

PJ - Thank you - and I hope you have a lovely, liver-loafless weekend!

Needless To Say - It certainly is.

The Crazy Suburban Mom said...

Oh. My. The only thing I can think of that would be worse than that hot is that stuff cold. Or maybe it would be the tongue loaf - cold.

That's really some dreadful sounding canned body parts.

Tori Lennox said...

Holy Monty Python! That makes Spam sound appetizing!

Lidian said...

Tracy - Yeah, I loved the part about how you can serve it hot and cold - it has an effect completely opposite to what they thought it would be.

Tori - Yes, it sure does!

Amy said...

ewww I just can't get it into my head that this stuff is good for you.

Georgina said...

Nothing like a can of mechanically separated meat to tempt the tastebuds. Do you know what mechanically separated means? It means they grind up the whole 'frikkin carcass, push it through a mesh screen and whatever comes out the other end, - voila canned meat. - G

Lidian said...

Amy - I don't really think it was...

Georgina - They make hot dogs with that stuff, too. Not great.

Hairball said...

She's drunk as a skunk. There's no other explanation for her to be that insanely happy next to a plate of liver loaf. *shudders*

Lidian said...

Hairball - I would have to be, too! ;)

Janna said...

At first I thought you were kidding about the "tongue loaf"... but then I looked at the bottom of the ad and saw that such a thing actually existed.

Those tremors you just felt? That was me, shuddering.

Lidian said...

Janna - I would never, ever kid about tongue loaf.