Sunday, December 20, 2009

Get This Party Started

Other Things This Party Needs Besides Cheap Drinks

1. Guys who don't use orange self-tanner.
2. More chairs.
3. Music.
4. Snacks.
5. Different party location. No one can socialize in a white box!

The host of this rather austere party is "noted screen and TV comedian" Jack Carter and the seated lady is his wife/co-party-host, actress Paula Stewart. I thought that the host(ess) wasn't supposed to hog the only chair.

Wikipedia says that Paula Stewart has been flying  planes since she was 17, which is really cool. She was married to Burt Bacharach in the 1950s.

At the Wikipedia link (click on her name above) you can see a bit of this very advertisement, which is from Life, December 8, 1961.

Oh, and back in 2008 I wrote a post called Get This Party Ended, which shows you the end result of the cheap drinks.

8 comments:

Tori Lennox said...

I wonder if they're serving any sardines at this shindig? Or would that remind them too much about how they're squeezed into that little box....?

Lidian said...

Tori - That would be the perfect themed snack, wouldn't it? lol

Keith said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I greatly appreciate it. I'm glad you enjoyed my Elvis Christmas post. I wanted to let you know that I'm having trouble with my internet access right now. I may not be online as much, but I did want to visit your blog. I hope you will have a great week. Cheers!

Rob said...

Ah yes, alcohol, for all of my "holiday" needs...

Lidian said...

Keith - Hope your internet comes back very soon and that you have a great week too - and happy holidays! :)

Rob - Well, quite ;)

prashant said...

That would be the perfect themed snack

Work from home India

The Crazy Suburban Mom said...

See now I thought a good 25 cent cocktail was an oxymoron - but thats whats good about advertising! Theres so much to learn! lolol

Lidian said...

prashant - Snacks are just what these people need!

Tracy - It's always a learning experience! ;)