Thursday, January 7, 2010

On The (Makeup) Case

Oh, so DuBarry discovered it, did she? That must be the Sherlock Holmes in pink chiffon wearing pink lipstick. And pink earrings. I see she has a magnifying glass (not pink).  Must have left the pink deerstalker hat at home. Or maybe that's missing, too.

Her detecting style? Groping around a black velvet backdrop, while making serious eye contact with the camera. It's not everyone's style, but this is how she solves a tough case. That's not a vacuous look on her face, it's her Deep Thinking Expression. Where did all the pink makeup go? Where IS it?

Um, the Missing Pink is not missing. It is right there. Hiding in plain sight. Nice twist. I'm really  looking forward to the sequel, Maybe It's Maybelline: or, The Mystery of the Hidden Blemishes.

11 comments:

Barbara said...

I guess you just walked in and said "I want the pink lipstick. No name, just pink. Yep, the pink one. Oh, it's missing, does that help?"

DuBarry was a lady, you know.
__
Barbara
http://ifididnthaveasenseofhumor.blogspot.com

Richard @ The Bewildered Brit said...

Wow, Mr Holmes really *is* a master of disguise!

MrJeffery said...

very funny. cute post!

Bill said...

The longer I look at this photo, the stranger it seems.
Is that her I Gotcha! moue?
Is her hand/claw/flipper in a pink sling?
Is that an arc of fur in the background, or is she standing in front of an eclipse?
I'm looking forward to the sequel. I'm sure that Detective Ennui DuBarry will easily crack the cosmetic case.

Lidian said...

Barbara - She was, and she liked her lipstick pink!

Richard - He sure is.

Mr Jeffery - Thank you :)

Bill - It is a mysterious photo. I thought so when I saw it, but wasn't quite sure why. You have explicated it perfectly, thank you ;)

RNSANE said...

I think she is gorgeous, pink and all.

Barbara said...

Actually, I believe the model is Jolene Brand, who took many a pie in the face at the hands of TV legend Ernie Kovacs...

DrJulieAnn said...

When I was a child, I used to want to grow up to be one of those women who could get away with that kind of expression (I didn't know that it was a special modeling expression--I thought it was glamorous).

Alas, everyone tried to entice me to play poker with them because my face is an open book.

Maybe my downfall was I wear natural looking cosmetics instead of that shade of pink.

Amy said...

I am SO not a pink person...

The Crazy Suburban Mom said...

Darn, and I'd thought I'd discovered the missing pink

Lidian said...

RNSANE - It IS a nice shade of pink.

Barbara - Thank you for the ID, you are a stellar retro detective!

DrJulieAnn - Yes, I think that the lipstick probably helps with the expression.

Amy - I'm not either. Not sure what I am, really!

Tracy - Maybe the pink eyeshadow is still missing!