Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Pull'N Clean Queen

From now on, this is how I plan to clean the oven:

1. Put on plaid vintage dress and gold plastic crown.

2. Make sure I have a pink oven. If not, order one! I can give orders, I am the Queen:

Fetch me a pink oven at once, minions! Better redo the whole kitchen in pink, while you're at it. And make it snappy, I have some regal poses to strike!

Yes, Your Majesty, coming right up.

Oh, and also I'd like a cappuccino and some Crown Jewels as long as you're going out. I like amethysts and pink diamonds, don't forget.

3. Once that's all been sorted out, I will pull out the Pull Out Thingie on the oven, raise my sponge and smile.

That's it, that's all you've got to do.

[From Vintage Ad Browser.]

Next time, I'm going to make fun of an album cover, I think. Or a postcard. Why should advertisements have all the fun?

9 comments:

KiKi said...

Holy crap, I want me one of those sparkly pink ovens!! (I already have the crown covered.) LOL!

Georgina said...

The woman wearing high-heels in the corner right photo cracks me up! - G

Tori Lennox said...

Hmm. Call me crazy but I imagine MOST queens don't even know where their kitchens are, let alone setting foot in them.

vanilla said...

Indeed it will be so much easier to scour the crap if you stick your head in through the top instead of through the front.

Mechanical? One more thing to go wrong.

BadBandPhotos said...

Oh, it's a sponge? I thought it was a yellow dildo.

Mimi said...

I always wear a crown when I clean my kitchen. It just feels right.

Lidian said...

KiKi - So do I!

Georgina - And she looks so happy, too!

Tori - I wish I didn't have to know.

vanilla - Plus it won't mess up your lovely hairdo that way.

BadBandPhotos - That will never do, this is the 60s you know.

Mimi - It does help a little, yes.

Bill said...

Now I'm wondering how many times Betty Windsor (QE2) has cleaned an oven?

Lidian said...

Bill - Betty has not yet had the pleasure, I believe. And if she did, she would not be amused.