Friday, May 14, 2010

Meet the Purple

I must get away from here! Everything is purple in Amesville. Derek's car, all the signs - and now - sob! - my hair!

What is happening to my hair?! I was a brunette last Tuesday when Derek and I started our wild and reckless Love Story. I realized that he was - well, orange - and only wore orange clothes. But I thought that was fine. And when we went out to dinner, he refused all foods except Kraft Dinner with Spanish onions, followed by tangerines and grapes. He told me it was what all the hip city folk were eating these days and I - I believed him.

And his favorite topic of conversation was how well orange and purple went together. But still, I was in love - and love, you know is color blind. Or something.

If only they would just sell me a ticket on the first bus out of here now, before I turn into a giant eggplant.

[From Cover Browser.]

10 comments:

scottsabode said...

Either that or they need to invest in another ink colour!

JD at I Do Things said...

Wait -- Kraft Dinner comes with Spanish onions? Where do I find this? Will it turn me orange? Or purple? I'm so confused . . .

Decades a Go-Go said...

Hahahaha that just made my day!

Bill said...

The next time I see a "closed" sign, that's exactly what I'm going to do...hurl myself at the door, weeping, and beat on the glass with my fists. It may not get results, but I could make it on a comic book cover.

Just wondering, is it raining in this story, or did someone wipe the magazine cover with the world's grimiest dishrag?

Tori Lennox said...

The way that "closed" sign is slapped across the bus station sign it makes me suspect the bus station has been closed for a Very Long Time. There may be no escape from Purple Amesville....

Eric said...

Whoa, is she trying to get *in* to the bus station? Or is she climbing *out* of the station window (which maybe she was caught in before they closed)?

Melanie said...

I hope she gets away soon because it doesn't look like he is going to give up the chase easily. Just look at the anguish on her face! Can you imagine coming to your senses and realizing you've been dating an ORANGE man!!!!!

James MacAdam said...

Good to start off my morning with a belly laugh -thanks, Lidian, you're hilarious in any color!

Sylvia said...

hahahaha...I have become a follower...thanks for the laugh.

Sylvia

Dina said...

What a GREAT way to look at this comic book. Still totally giggling.

smushiandbee.blogspot.com