Friday, May 7, 2010

Saved By The Bell Jar

It's so annoying when things go off or get stale, isn't it? Moldy old bread, or last week's gelatin salad thing that no one really wanted to ever look at again, never mind eat.

But honestly. Have you ever considered what to do if Grandfather's watch started getting a little stale?

Not to mention all the "cake ornaments, keepsakes and treasures" you probably have lying around the house (if you're anything like me, you have a kitchen drawer full of them).

The answer is simple: stick them all under lovely DuPont Lucite domes.

The amazing DuPont Lucite dome is equally useful, as you can see, in keeping little Jimmy fresh, too. Just tell him it's a Space Patrol Commander helmet, and he'll be almost as compliant as Grandfather's watch.

From Vintage Ads at LiveJournal.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm afraid little Jimmy will pass out soon . . .

heidi said...

I love the versatility of a glass jar: kids, watches, the possibilities are endless!

Pixie Drive-In said...

lol, poor Jimmy! That does not look like a good idea...

vanilla said...

I was concerned at first about little Jimmy, too. But the ad assures us that there are ventilation slots, front and back. You go, Jimmy! The farther into space the better.

Tori Lennox said...

Wow! A product from Los Angeles! That's a novelty!

Mimi said...

So glad you linked back to that gelatine mold. I don't know how I missed that post!!! You know how much I love me a good molded thingy.

Lidian said...

Jennifer - Yes, that will happen soon.

heidi - They are really versatile!

Pixie - Indeed, it is a Very Bad Idea.

vanilla - Or maybe he watches TV with it on, like Ed Norton watching Captain Video with his official Captain Video helmet on (the Honeymooners episode where he and Ralph try to share the TV).

Tori - I was really surprised it was NOT from Chicago!

Mimi - You and me both ;)

Bill said...

Wow, I want one of those space helmets!