Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Silent Partner


"He's a man who doesn't talk very much..."

Maisie knew it when she met him, but she thought she could get him chatting, sooner or later. She danced on the coffee table. Put strawberry jam smiley faces on the toast and little straw hats on his boiled eggs.

Biff just looked at her.

Then she tried doing some more overtly annoying things. She glazed all his dinners with aspic. She didn't bleach his white shirts. Maybe she even put a little green and red washcloth in with the white shirts, and told him the shirts were tinted in honor of Christmas - in July.

And now Biff's eyes were accusing her again. Accusing her of not using Drano. Of clogging up the drains with pancake makeup residue, Marcelled strands of hair, and goodness knows what else.

And he stomped off to work.

He's just going to have to talk to me one of these days, Maisie remarked to the can of Drano. And then she decided just what to do....

From Graphic Design TJS Labs.

9 comments:

Beth (Margie and Edna's Basement) said...

One wonders where Maisie got the egg-sized straw hats...

Francy said...

I agree, the eggs/straw hat image is hilarious! Thanks for the early morning smile!

pixiedrivein.blogspot.com

JD at I Do Things said...

Those Marcelled hair strands can leave quite a mess. I can't say that I blame Biff, but, geez. Passive-aggressive much?

Melanie said...

I think Biff needs his bran. He's just got that irritated constipad look. Maisie is worrying about Drano when she should be worrying about getting some more Branflakes into Biff.

Sassy Lassies Vintage Life said...

Loved the post and loved the comments..all put a smile on my face. I'm with Melanie that maybe some bran flakes are in order. :)

Barbara said...

You know, if someone blamed me for clogged drains, it would be the last time they did.

Maisie should put Drano in the hubby's morning coffee. That'll clean his pipes!!

Kath Lockett said...

I know where *I'd* put the Drano, if I had to live with Biff....

Lidian said...

Beth - That's what I want to know!

Francy - You're most welcome, it's fun for me too :)

JD - Oh yes indeedy.

Melanie - Yes, that would cheer him up a treat.

Sassy Lassies - Because bran always cheers people up! ;)

Barbara - That was just what I was hinting at.

JD - Yep, me too ;)

Bill said...

I don't know how I missed this little masterpiece of yours.
Agatha Christie would be proud.