Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Master of Toast

Oh Boy Toast and Jam Life Sept 29 1941
The toast matches the blinds. But that is no reason to get so durn excited about it.

Having said that, I really do like the Toast N Jam set - especially the Art Deco-ish jam containers and the plate, which I want.

But the boy is not looking at the cool vintage jam containers - he's mesmerized by the boring toast. This is wrong!

Also, he is going to ruin those blinds. I remember those kind, the ones with cloth tapes - they were really easy to bend out of shape. He is not going to be getting a reward of exciting toast if he ruins mummy's gorgeous venetian blinds!

[From Life, Sept 29 1941]

P.S. - Company this week, so I've set up a bunch of posts but am going to NOT be near my computer....I'll catch up with you all late next week - hope you have a great week!

7 comments:

Barbara said...

That kid looks absolutely psychotic.

vanilla said...

--and have a great time with your visitors!

Sassy Lassies Vintage Life said...

I have one of these or very similar. http://sassylassiesvintagelife.blogspot.com/2009/06/toast-party.html

I have not posted photos up on my blog but it is the exact one in the photo on my blog.

Love it!!!

Tori Lennox said...

Either those blinds are hanging in front of an open window with no screen or the middle of the room, or the toaster & toast are sitting outside. How else would Toast Boy be able to grab hold of his mom's blinds?

P.L. Frederick said...

The De Luxe Toastmaster hovers in mid-air, making its escape from Mad-eye Joe. Go Toastmaster, Go!

P.L. Frederick (Small & Big)

Hairball T. Hairball said...

The kid is obviously a toast addict.

He roams the neighborhood breaking into people's homes to steal their toast and toasters. He's got like 47 toasters under his bed at home and is always looking for more!

Marcheline said...

With all this talk of jam, why is the bread on the plate naked? Shouldn't it be slathered with... oh, I don't know... jam?