Monday, August 30, 2010

Your Head Becomes Whipped Cream

Ah, there's Alice - stuck in a barrel, with a disconnected phone. That's the way she is when she sees her favorite color. Remember the time she went crazy in the Pepto-Bismol factory? And the time Madge served that really big cherry chiffon Jell-O mold? I don't know what we're going to do about her.... 

Pink Is For Girls

That's why girls like Lustre-Creme. It's the only pink shampoo. Pink says we're rich, so rich your whole head becomes one great swirl of whipped-cream lather. Pink says we leave hair soft, and inviting to touch. And should a certain someone get too close, he'll notice that we have a delightful "pink" fragrance, too. Pink, creamy Lustre-Creme. It's the one shampoo made just for girls. Because pink is just for girls. You're a girl, aren't you?

Well, yes she is. But a few strawberries short of a pie, all the same.

[1968 ad, from Vintage Ads LiveJournal.]

8 comments:

Bill said...

I just noticed that she's using a pink touchtone princess phone...in the washtub. I can assure you that it was not an approved Bell operating company installation.

Georgina Dollface said...

I've always wanted a pick bathtub with a phone attached. - G

Pam@GoRetro said...

I love the groovy pink bubbles! This ad kind of reminds me of Herb Alpert's Whipped Cream and Lollipops album.

P.L. Frederick said...

"You're a girl, aren't you?" — Wow, what a bully this ad is. To me the name Lustre-Creme sounds more like car wax. For a bully.

P.L. Frederick (Small & Big)

Tori Lennox said...

Pink is my favorite color but even I don't like pink THIS much!

Hairball T. Hairball said...

How's she gonna get that "certain someone" to go bonkers over the fragrance if she doesn't wash her hair with it? I see lather on the barrel, the phone, and her shoulders, but her head is dry.

lee said...

what color will i smell like if i don't smell like "pink"?

muddleglum said...

I shamelessly stoled the URL of this post to refer to on my own blog.