Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Chunk of Retro Change

Meet the Spotted Wobbegong: alive and kicking, just like this blog!
I have been wondering what to do with dear old Kitchen Retro for some time. You may know the line in Annie Hall where Woody Allen's character says to Annie that a relationship is like a shark - it has to keep moving forward, or else it dies. And that's maybe also true for blogs. And I don't want Kitchen Retro to become a dead shark, really.

So I'm going to be tinkering and evolving things over here. It's going to have some category pages like

Retro Recipe Exchange
The Cocktail Party
Road Trips
Retro Etiquette

...And some other things, too, probably. On other words, there will be less of a focus on Only Ads. And more focus on the retro household/kitchen - along with some road trips, of course (cue the motel postcards!). And there will be some paid posts, too - but if you read The Doubletake (and I hope you do or will!) you've seen a couple of those over there and I aim to entertain with them the same way I do with Regular Posts.

I am going to focus on retro/vintage home/everyday stuff more - in keeping with the original concept and title of this blog - but widen and change the ways in which I write about it. There will still be old ads - here and on The Doubletake (I do love old ads!).  I am really looking forward to taking Kitchen Retro on into the holiday season and the next year.

6 comments:

Tori Lennox said...

I'm sure whatever direction you take Kitchen Retro it will still be quirky and fun. :)

Carol Yates Wilkerson said...

I look forward to your blog evolving. My blog Pentimento is not just one subject, but many that I hope others will like, or it will make them think, etc.

James MacAdam said...

I look forward, as always, to the changes you make to your wonderful blogs, Lidian, surely a challenge because it sure is hard to improve on perfection.

Cheers,
James

Lidian said...

Tori - Thank you! I have a lot of fun with my blogs but it was really time to change this one up a bit :)

Carol - Well, your wonderful Pentimento blog is focused like my history blog, which is also a very good thing :)

James - Aw, thank you :)

The Crazy Suburban Mom said...

I'll be reading :) I love all things retro!

Tracy

FreeMoneyMaker said...

The twitter plugin should ontop of post so that reader can see properly,though I have twitted.