Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Live La Dolce Caffe Vita with the NESCAFE Dolce Gusto


This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Nestle Dolce Gusto. All opinions are 100% mine.

I love coffee, no matter what. Even if my usual cup is full of instant, I am glad it is there. But once a week we go out for cafĂ© lattes, and this is an amazing treat. Also expensive. Also full of the kind of caffeine that keeps me up all night, googly-eyed and cranky (such a great combination!). So we've been looking for a home coffee machine, my dear spouse and I. One that can make us special coffees, caffeine-calibrated and delicious. Ones that don't get cold when you drive them home to drink on the back porch. Well, now I know just what I want. If you love coffeehouse coffee or cocoa on a cold crisp autumn day like today - or iced cappuccinos in the summer (I know I do) - I know just what we both need: the NESCAFE Dolce Gusto.

The NESCAFE Dolce Gusto is a one-cup coffee machine that makes everything from Caffe Lungo (espresso with twice as much water as a regular espresso) to Latte Macchiato (espresso with milk) to Mochas and Chococino (otherwise known as frothy, amazing hot chocolate). You use special capsules of 100% Arabica coffee and you can adjust the froth levels, temperature and strength of your drink. I would always go for maximum froth to make a lovely crema layer. The Dolce Gusto's 15 bar pressure pump will create this with no trouble. The 15 bar pump is crucial because a regular coffee machine only has 1 or 2 bars of pressure. And the temperature can be as hot or icy as you like. It is the only coffee machine around that will make hot or iced drinks, so you can enjoy it all year round.

Wikipedia
Best of all, your coffee can be exactly as you like. This is perfect for me with regards to caffeine - as I said earlier, it affects me a lot. I would be able to enjoy fabulous lattes any time of day, yet still get to sleep at night. And I would want to try every coffee variant you can make with the Dolce Gusto, because I have only ever had lattes. What can I say, I find Starbucks et al very confusing. But I'd love to experiment at home and become a real expert.

The Dolce Gusto is sleek and modern looking, too - an asset to any kitchen counter. It comes in four designer colors: red, white, black and titanium (which is silvery). I'm thinking white or titanium would look best in our kitchen which is mostly white with wooden counters. I can dream, can't I, as I slurp my instant and write this?

You can be your own professional barista with the NESCAFE Dolce Gusto. I know that I want to be. If you go check out some of the reviews at Divine.ca, you will see that I am not alone in this. So the NESCAFE Dolce Gusto is truly at the top of my wish list for the holiday season. And if I get one before Christmas, I promise to make Santa a nice big decaf cappuccino with a lovely Christmas tree drawn in the foam, and a homemade biscotti on the side. He won't even have to leave a tip in my barista tip jar.
Visit Sponsor's Site

2 comments:

Marcheline said...

Dude, I love your blog but seriously... a coffee machine that makes one cup at a time for over TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS?????

The economy will never recover sufficiently for that, methinks.

bev said...

makes me crave more of coffee on my third trimester.