Thursday, November 18, 2010

How Green Was My Living Room

Millie Motts
Oh hi there! Come on in, I was just sitting around - waiting to show off my new favorite color. Can you guess what that color is? Why yes, green.

I've got the most divine green wall-to-wall carpeting. And I painted the walls a beautiful minty green, sort of a toothpaste green.

Green bellows, right near the fireplace, see? And of course the plants are green, ha ha! There's not much in here that isn't the color of chlorophyll cough drops. I will be painting the furniture green very soon. And redyeing my shoes. And my dinner parties will feature lime Jell-O molds filled with string beans and celery, avocados stuffed with canned peas, and Mountain Dew Cake with green frosting  for dessert!

*****
The green carpet in this picture is the exact color of the even-then-they-were-retro armchairs in the cottage we used to go to on Martha's Vineyard in the 1970s. But the whole place wasn't that color. Just the chairs, and the teapot that looked like a Savoy cabbage. That teapot was just like this one at Tea At Home With Olivia, isn't it great? There were cabbage teacups and saucers, too - a whole set, I believe. I certainly wish I had that set now, even though I collect blue and white china and pottery. And though I am not like the lady in the picture, I would serve green tea in that cabbage teapot, oh yes I would.

Mountain Dew Cake

8 comments:

P.L. Frederick said...

Sigh, I miss carpeting with an asbestos-formaldehyde pile.

P.L. Frederick (Small & Big)

vanilla said...

Not sure I should admit it, but we painted the living room just this green about six years ago. Getting tired of it.

We used to refer to the carpet color as "parsonage green". No explanation required.

Kath Lockett said...

"....and no need for a handkerchief in my home. Just wipe your hands on the carpet after you sneeze into them!"

Zaenal Arifin said...

very nice your blog..
i like this :)

Georgina Dollface said...

An office I worked in once was painted this color. Every.Single.Wall. The paint colour was called "Olive Fog". - G

MoonDoggie said...

teehee - this did make me giggle :)

DEGENHARDT said...

Nice very eco friendly same thing I want to buy for my living room sofas

Decades a Go-Go said...

Haha love it! (and love green!)