Monday, June 13, 2011

The Elegant Squirrel

This is how to convince women to buy a wallet! Compare them to squirrels hoarding peanuts. I don't know how the squirrel is going to fit all that other stuff back in the Buxton purse, though.

Yes, this is a brilliant advertising campaign from 1959 and I'm sure that if I'd been in the market for a purse back then I'd have rushed out and bought a Buxton right away because, ha ha, I don't have a spare hollow tree trunk to put my compact and mad money in.

I am kidding, of course.

Or perhaps this is a gift suggestion for the squirrels that live in your backyard. Nice to remember them around the holidays. Maybe we can give the raccoon who lives under the shed a little Fridigdaire or a set of cufflinks.

2 comments:

Dieter Moitzi said...

Maybe you're supposed to store your Squirrel in that elegant Shirred French Purse after all? And please note that for everything that looks ridiculous and slightly camp, you seem to have invented the word "French"…

Barbara said...

Have you ever heard the phrase "squirreling away money?"

I personally buy everything based on squirrel input. It's the only way to go.