Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Red Velour Bottle

Well, I like cherry liqueurs, too, although I don't go around hugging them or anything. But what I am wild about is the "red velour bottle." That puts the kitsch right back into this blog, doesn't it?

This bottle would have looked perfect in my cousin's rec room, circa 1970 (same year as this ad, by the way). Fake wood paneling, red lights, and my younger cousin's high school band hat - a high busby sort of creature with feathers - in a corner, back lit, in a Perspex box. Just the sort of box Yoko Ono used to put things in, like clocks with no hands, and apples. I think. But not band hats.

3 comments:

DearHelenHartman said...

Is she riding on that bottle side saddle? Giddyup Cherry Marnier, take me away!

Shieldmaiden96 said...

Why don't they make that anymore? I like Grand Marnier, but cherry? I could totally get behind that. (And then, probably, behind a piece of furniture.)
Guess I'll have to settle for Dr McGillcuddy's.
Why does all the tasty stuff have its own aura of tacky?

Kath Lockett said...

Oh yes..... I would have been very envious of such a bottle as a kid visiting the homes of other parents who seemed so much more stylish than my own who still had the furniture they got after marrying in the sixties.

A velour bottle... wonder why *that* trend didn't last!?