Thursday, September 29, 2011

Better Living Through Kem-Glo

Life, October 6, 1953 [big version here]
I haven't forgotten about the rock and roll coffee post - let's just say it's in the works. No - percolating. And I have some other things lined up for you, too. So let's move on and take a look at this enamel paint ad from 1953. The paint has the unfortunate name Kem-Glo. Yes, you too can have a kitchen full of glowing chemicals. On second thought, maybe you should just save this stuff for when you redecorate Frankenstein's laboratory.

-Well, Marge, it's just beautiful. Really!

-I wasn't sure about the pink tabletops and curtains, you know. I was worried that it might remind people of Pepto-Bismol, which really wouldn't sit well on Mystery Casserole Night - that's Thursday, you remember. You and Joe came over once for that.

-Oh yes, I do remember. That was the night you served Krunchy Goo. I don't think I'll ever forget it.

-I'm glad you wore the skirt you have that matches my new ceiling. And the lawn.

-Well dear, you insisted. You told me to go back across the street and change.

-I just want everything to be just so, sweetie. See how my yellow blouse matches the dish towel? I always like to match my dish towels. Always did, always will. Yes, everything would just be perfect, with this lovely new Kem-Glo - if only...

-If only -?

-If only I could just get my hand unstuck from this cabinet.

2 comments:

Relax Max said...

You are still, by far, the funniest writer on this blog. :)

How are you doing?

Marcheline said...

The sad truth is that this kitchen FAR outshines my own, and I would love to have it, KEM-GLO notwithstanding! I match my dishtowels all the time... doesn't everyone?