Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Date With A Nut

LiveJournal Vintage Ads
Ready for lots of spooning? Date with a Nut is dreamily creamy, deliciously nutty and heavily dated. bet you'll fall head over heels in love!

Oh, 1962 copywriter, you are so funny and risqué. I don't ever want a Date with a Nut, though. Is the line drawing supposed to be the Date ? I think so. This is not what I want to see when I show up at the coffee shop or open the front door, you know.

Nevertheless, the actual ice cream does look really good. I don't think it was around for that long though. There are a lot of good ice cream flavors that they don't make very much - or at all - anymore. Like peppermint stick, and pistacchio, and rum raisin. Rum raisin was made in the form of a genuine frozen custard, at least it was on Cape Cod back in the late 60s. That was terrific stuff.

What are your favorite obscure or obsolete ice cream flavors?

2 comments:

Writing Nag said...

This brought back some memories I had forgotten about Sealtest ice cream...I loved their holiday only peppermint stick as well as Fudge Ripple.

Pat said...

Gifford's in Maryland used to make this fabulous Lemon Chiffon - it was lemon ice cream, not sherbet, and it was amazing!