Friday, April 19, 2013

An Invitation

Back when I started this blog in 2008, it was on Blogger. Then I hopped over to WordPress for a hot minute, and finally came back to Blogger. Been here ever since. There are almost 1300 posts here, which is amazing (or horrifying, depending on how you look at it!). So you can understand that I'm a little bit blogged out.

But I still love retro and vintage ads....SO -

The kitsch and the retro will continue!

But I've moved the party over to Tumblr.

For a whole lot of reasons. Not the least of which is that for me, the images are the focus of my posts, and usually, these days, I only want to say a little bit about the images...not really a post's worth of writing. And Tumblr is perfect for that.

Anyway, please do visit Kitsch and Retro for more retro and vintage ads, a bit of domestic history, and (I hope) lots of fun!

I have another Tumblr, too, called The Vintage Medicine Cabinet which covers the world of patent medicines, vintage cosmetics and beauty preparations, and other odd devices, potions and elixirs.

Oh, and also I'd like to invite you to visit my page on Facebook, also called Kitchen Retro - I am lucky enough to have the absolute best group of friends there, and I update it quite a bit. And unlike this blog, I respond to comments and questions and stuff pretty well (lol). The coffee and drinks are on, and there will always be plenty of "absolutely divine" Ritz crackers to share - as long as those 1938 sorority girls haven't broken them all by playing catch with the box.

No comments: